Here's a drill you can do daily in the shower after practice to improve your head movement. Kind of crazy how well it works! And it also works your balance at the same time so you don't slip.
DO NOT place the headgear directly on the eye brows. Lots of people think they want to get as much coverage as possible but it is at the expense of vision. First rule of boxing is hands up and HEAD DOWN. You need to be able to look through the eyebrows.
1. Untie and loosen the back and top of headgear and set it so it sits half an inch (1cm) above the eyebrows
2. Tie the chin strap
3. Tie the top
4. Tighten/tie the back
My favorite mouthpieces are the cheap clear ones because they mold really soft and make it super easy.
1. Read/follow instructions (some require ten seconds others longer, in hot water)
2. Boil water and place in large cup or small bowl
3. Put mouthpiece in water, using the suggested time from instructions, watch for when it goes soft
4. Remove it from the HOT water using an instrument (spoon, knife, screw driver) (optional: quick rinse under cold water)
5. Put mouthpiece in your mouth. DO NOT bite it! Suck on it with your tongue pressing hard to the roof of your mouth, and use your hands to press against your cheeks to form around your teeth
6. Rinse with cold water. It should lock into place and allow you to breathe and talk freely